Saturday 4 September 2010

About the Artist

Dorothy Snowdrop Joyce Burrows who died 18, June 2010, aged 88, had a sizeable collection of oil paintings which have never been viewed at an exhibition and I wish to show people her talent on the web. They span over many years some back 50 years. Most are more recent particularly 1980's to the first decade of this century. Most are in Kent, her home. I will add paintings as time goes on and even some of her black and white sketches. Some paintings are in other parts of the world and I'm hoping that the owners will send me digital images which will be put on this website. She always painted from life, whether the countryside or still life, usually flowers. She was a good gardener and her husband, Edward Lionel Burrows, ran a florist shop hence the floral connection. There are other paintings that have been sold or given away over the years that probably will not be seen again. I was able to unearth some paintings that were hidden in a cupboard under the stairs in January and March 2011.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Dorothy. Both mine and my sisters first inspirational artist. We would sit round her house drawing imaginary houses with beautiful gardens with ponds in, full of flowers, winding pathways leading to front gates and picket fences. We would wait in anticipation for Dorothys strict critique. The morning was always finished off with a beautiful homemade tomato soup. Oh how I loved Fridays when I was a kid. Come to think off it I think she was my inspiration for cooking too, she taught me how to cook soup, bake cakes, and boil fish for her lovely cat figaro, I can still hear her calling figaro from the garden with a beautiful roll in her tounge!!  Good memories x x 

    ReplyDelete